Rice and bean casserole with turkey. Here's a dish that's quick to prepare and easy to enjoy. No one will complain, "Turkey leftovers again?" MORE+ LESS Instead of the cut-up cooked chicken, try making this casserole with cut-up ham. Mushroom lovers might like to add a small jar of sliced mushrooms, drained, to this wild rice.
This Creamy Turkey Rice Casserole is real food meets comfort food. Made from scratch without MSG, prepackaged sauces, or cream of anything soups, this Being from Massachusetts, grew up eating scratch made Boston baked beans, slow cooked stews and more than my fair share of clam chowder. Turkey Rice Casserole Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can have Rice and bean casserole with turkey using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice and bean casserole with turkey
- It’s of casserole.
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of 28 ounce can stewed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of cooked rice, can be white or brown.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of cooked black beans.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
This simple turkey and rice casserole recipe is an excellent way to use leftover turkey. It takes just minutes to prepare. Use cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup. You could also top this easy casserole with some shredded cheddar cheese just before it's done baking.
Rice and bean casserole with turkey instructions
- In a pan on medium heat, cook turkey until cooked through..
- Add turkey and all other ingredients, except cheese, into a large bowl to mix thoroughly. Then transfer to a casserole dish..
- Bake covered in a heated 350°F oven for 30 minutes..
- Uncover, sprinkle entire top with cheese and cook uncovered until cheese is melted and bubbly. Another 5-10 minutes..
- Enjoy with some favorite garnishes, avocado slices, sour cream , chopped cilantro!.
Isn't it lovely when a vegan dish gets more attention that anything animal based? Such was the case at my Thanksgiving spread, which included this lovely. Rice and Bean Casserole With Cheesy Topping. I made this easy casserole a couple of times with different toppings and I actually have two favorites. Mexican Rice And Bean Casserole For Dinner.