Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts. Find Delicious Recipes That Are Easy To Make With Get Online Recipes extension. Finding Your Next Delicious Meal Has Never Been So Easy! Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal.
These chicken breasts are stuffed with a mixture of sharp Cheddar cheese, broccoli, and rice, and may just remind you of a deliciously, cheesy bowl of broccoli and cheese soup. Place the cheese and broccoli 'packet' in the center of a flattened chicken breast, then wrap the chicken around it, securing the edges of the chicken together with toothpicks. Repeat for the remaining chicken breasts. You can cook Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts
- You need 4 of chicken breasts (boneless, skinless or skin on. I personally like the crunch the broiler gives the skin).
- Prepare 1 1/2 of broccoli chopped (this will work with one package of frozen broccoli as well.
- It’s 1 packages of sliced portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 each of small onion.
- It’s 1 of chicken seasoning.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend (divided).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 dash of each Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, oregano and soul seasoning.
When it comes to comfort food, it doesn't get much simpler or more satisfying than chicken and cheese. I've taken it one step further by taking the classic flavors of broccoli-cheddar soup and transforming. Make cheese sauce: Melt butter in a small sauce pan, and then add flour and stir well. Add milk gradually, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- If using boneless skinless chicken Butterfly and pound to about 1/4 inch thick. Bone in: Slice chicken half way through and leave the bottom in tact (it should look like a boat).
- Brush outer layer of chicken with olive oil and season with chicken seasoning and pepper, set aside.
- Slice onion, broccoli and mushrooms into small pieces and sauté in the butter until veggies are soft and onion is translucent.
- Season to taste with Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper, oregano and soul seasoning.
- Remove veggie mixture from skillet to deep bowl for stirring. Add half the cheddar cheese and half the Italian cheese to veggie mixture and stir until well blended.
- Carefully and equally stuff each chicken breast with veggie mixture be sure to leave open side up.
- Sprinkle remainder of cheddar cheese on top of chicken breasts followed by remainder of Italian cheese you can use toothpicks to hold the chicken "boats" closed but be sure to remove them all before eating.
- Season the top of the chicken with a dash of Weber garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper and oregano.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour (or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, depending on thickness) drain juice from pan.
- Turn oven off and Turn broiler on high and broil for the last 10-15 minutes checking constantly as broilers are quick to burn.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy.
Add salt, pepper and garlic powder, and stir constantly until thickened. This cheesy broccoli chicken is the perfect comfort food on a cold day. By buying thin-sliced chicken cutlets, you save yourself the work of slicing them yourself, however feel free to cut regular-sized chicken breasts if you prefer. All the flavors cook inside the chicken breasts and make the chicken super juicy and flavor-packed! A few weeks ago I shared my garlic spinach parmesan stuffed chicken breasts and this week I'm sharing this DELICIOUS broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken.