Lemongrass Basil Pork Stew. Today I would like to share with you how to cook Vietnamese tasty and yummy side dish to serve with rice : Pork Stew With. In Charles Phan's Vietnamese Home Cooking, Phan presents a French-influenced stew laced with lemongrass, ginger, star anise, and Thai chiles. Alongside the short ribs, he braises (not-surprising) carrots and (more curious) daikon radish to add sweetness and texture to the beef.
This Vietnamese beef stew (bo kho, pronounced "baw caw") from my book, Vietnamese Food Any Day, is the perfect example. It appeared in the February issue of This French-inspired stew is a dream simmering on your stovetop with the aromas of lemongrass and star anise wafting through your home. Season beef with salt and pepper. You can have Lemongrass Basil Pork Stew using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemongrass Basil Pork Stew
- It’s 500 g of pork lean (cut).
- Prepare 5 of Lemongrass.
- It’s 6 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 handful of basil.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 10 of shallots.
- It’s 1 of Galangal.
- You need of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Prepare of Chilli.
Place the fennel, cucumber, cabbage and white turmeric into iced water for a few minutes. Serve the stir fry garnished with the iced vegetables, lime leaves, Thai basil and Asian pennywort. Vietnamese grilled lemongrass pork is super easy. Like Andrea, I prefer dark meat and used pork shoulder, but you can use I dread this time of year when the clocks go back….
Lemongrass Basil Pork Stew step by step
- Cut pork lean into 4x4cm or as preferenced..
- Crush garlic, shallots, galangal. Mix with turmeric powder, salt, and sugar..
- Heat cooking oil, sautee the herbs paste until fragrance. Put lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves in. Set aside and let it cool..
- Marinade the pork and rub with the paste. Put it in the fridge at least 1 hour..
- Heat the pan, sautee the marinated pork, add some water, and add Indonesian basil in. Next, bring to boil until it's cooked and a little bit dry..
- Tips: if you want it spicy, add some red chillies on the crushing process..
I'm already counting the days till spring! Thit Heo Nuong Xa or Vietnamese Style Grilled Lemongrass Pork are grilled pork pieces usually served as a side dish to fried noodle and noodle soups. These addictive meat dish are sweet and savoury and sometimes with a sticky outer layer. Make the best Basil Pork and Green Bean Stew with this easy recipe. Find thousands of free, expert-tested, printable recipes on HowStuffWorks.com.