You can cook Chicken Tempura using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tempura
- Prepare 500 g of Chicken Breast OR Tenderloin Fillets.
- You need 1 of small piece Ginger *grated.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *grated.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sake (Rice Wine).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil for flavour *optional.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of Plain Flour.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of <Tempura Batter>.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare of Cold Water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Plain Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Potato Starch Flour.
Chicken Tempura step by step
- Cut Chicken Fillets into 3-4cm size pieces. Combine Ginger, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Sake (Rice Wine) and Sesame Oil in a bowl, add chicken pieces, massage, and set aside..
- Place 1 Egg in 1/2 cup and add Cold Water to make it 1/2 cupful. Combine Flour and Potato Starch in a separate bowl, and the Egg and Cold Water, and mix lightly to make Tempura Batter..
- Heat Oil to 170°C to 180°C. Coat the chicken pieces with Flour, dip into Tempura Batter and fry until batter is light golden and crispy. Take them out and lay them on a rack to drain the oil..
- Serve with ‘Ponzu’ or ‘Tentsuyu’ (Dipping Sauce for Tempura)..