Thai Basil Chicken.
You can have Thai Basil Chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Chicken
- It’s 2 tablespoons of peanut oil; divided.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped.
- You need 2 of shallots finely chopped.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 3 of pounded Thai chili (green or red).
- You need 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of brown sugar or palm.
- It’s 1 bunch of Thai basil leaves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
Thai Basil Chicken step by step
- In a large wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil; cook chicken. Set aside on a plate when done. Do not drain.
- Reheat wok with remaining oil. Cook shallots and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok and add chilies, fish sauce, soy, and sugar. Cook on high for about 8 minutes.
- Throw basil and white pepper in and cook till the basil is wilted.
- Serve over white rice. Enjoy!.