Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini.
You can have Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini
- Prepare 20 ounces of tortellini.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 14.5 ounces of diced tomatoes (can).
- You need 5 ounces of baby spinach.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of minced basil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s to taste of Red chili flakes.
Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini step by step
- No nnn n n. No. nnn.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium heat add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the flour and stir constantly for about one minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and heavy cream until smooth. Continue to stir until the sauce begins to simmer.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, and basil and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the sauce has thickened and the spinach has wilted.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and toss the cooked and drained tortellini into the sauce. Mix until evenly coated..
- Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and chili flakes.