Roasted butternut squash soup. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
If you're feeling like something a bit more substantial, try this topped with a handful of crispy bacon or diced ham. All Reviews for Chef John's Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. Making soup from butternut squash is one of our go-to moves during the fall. You can cook Roasted butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash soup
- It’s 1-2 of butternut squash-cubed.
- Prepare 1 of white onion-chopped into large wedges.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery-roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4-6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 16 oz of heavy cream.
- It’s 48 oz of chicken broth.
- It’s of olive oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare 3-4 sprigs of rosemary.
- You need of sour cream to top.
Fortunately for you, it could not be easier. Roasting it before you make the soup is key to getting that caramelized, deeply sweet flavor in the squash that we all love. (Read this guide on how to roast the best butternut. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a cold-weather staple! We love this silky butternut soup served with spicy roasted chickpeas for extra flavor.
Roasted butternut squash soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 450..
- Place squash, onion, celery, and garlic on sheet pan. Sprinkle with EVOO & salt. Place 3-4 sprigs of rosemary among vegetables and roast in oven for 25-35 min until golden brown..
- Place roasted veggies (remove rosemary) into large pot and cover with chicken broth until stew like consistency with a little extra liquid. Simmer on stove top for several minutes until veggies flavor broth..
- Turn stove top off. Spoon contents into a blender. Starting on low, then increasing some, blend until creamy. (*mixture will be hot, allow steam to escape).
- On low setting, continue to blend while adding cream..
- Once mixture is lightened and creamy, return to pot and heat through. Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve..
- I added a little garlic salt and onion powder to taste..
Vegan, Vegetarian, and T-Rex toppings available, so there's something for everyone! Roasting the butternut squash until caramelized and tender is. This roasted butternut squash soup is an easy, heart-warming and comforting recipe for the fall/winter. It's smooth and creamy but is actually dairy-free! Learn to make a delicious roasted butternut squash soup blended with sautéed onions and tart apples.