Soaked Kamut almond milk muffins. Clean Blueberry Protein MuffinsEat Yourself Skinny. Mix the kamut flour with baking powder, and mix with sugar, egg, soft butter and the remaining milk. Line the wells of a muffin tin with paper baking cups and divide the batter equally into each baking cup.
Almond milk added a slightly nutty flavor to the muffins which would be a pleasant addition to many baked goods. The slightly drier texture could be remedied by under-baking the product by a few minutes or by adding juicy ingredients like berries. Rice milk has twice the number of carbs as the other. You can have Soaked Kamut almond milk muffins using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soaked Kamut almond milk muffins
- You need 2 of freshly milled kamut flour.
- It’s 2 of eggs (or substitute 1 egg by mixing 1 Tsp of ground flaxseed with 3Tsp of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of dates (about 5 pitted).
- You need 1 cup of mashed butternut squash (as butter substitute).
- It’s 1 2/3 cups of homemade almond milk (or any milk available, adjust volume as needed).
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 Tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
Making almond milk is actually an incredibly old process. We learned about it in culinary school as part of our training in classic French cuisine, but it Homemade almond milk only lasts a few days in the fridge, so make just what you think you will drink in this time period. You could heat your almond milk. This muffin base is easy to change up, by adding cinnamon or even garlic powder or dried herbs for a savory muffin.
Soaked Kamut almond milk muffins instructions
- Mix 2 Tsp of ground flaxseed meal with 6 Tsp of warm water in a large bowl later used for all wet ingredients. Allow it to sit for a few minutes to thicken..
- Pit 5 dates and blend in a small blender into paste. Add this sweet source into wet ingredients bowl. Add 1 Tsp apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Mash about 1 cup of baked or steamed butternut squash in a measuring cup using a fork. Transfer mashed squash into the same bowl.
- Add 2 cups of freshly milled kamut flour. Gently fold the wet ingredient into the flour and gradually pour in about 1 2/3 cups of almond milk until all ingredients mix well. Allow the batter to sit on a countertop for 4 to 8 hours to allow whole grain flour to ferment..
- Pre-heat the oven and set at 375F. Gently massage in 1Tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of baking soda into the batter. Using an icecream scooper, divide your batter into 12-dish muffin pan. Bake for 20 mins and then turn down the heat to 350F and bake for another 15 or until a toothpick come out clean.
Today I'm making a batch of some of my favourite muffins! They're super easy to make, good for you, and of course, delicious! This homemade kamut pasta dough is soaked for easy digestion and makes delicious, healthy pasta for soups and stews! We love serving these noodles under chicken noodle soup, beef stroganoff, or any type of winter soup! The quintessential guide to making almond milk using your Almond Cow.