Roasted Winter Vegetables. A few simple touches and a blast of heat enhance the natural sweetness of fresh veggies. Roasted Winter Vegetables Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Use any combination of vegetables you like for this riotously colorful side dish.
The insides get tender and more sweet while the outsides get. You can roast vegetables the easy way: just toss everything with oil, throw them on My body craves roasted things, and more often than not, those roasted things are fall and winter vegetables: the. Delicious roasted vegetables coated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and our favorite spices. You can have Roasted Winter Vegetables using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Winter Vegetables
- You need 1 of large Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 1 lb of Carrots.
- Prepare 1 lb of Turnips.
- It’s 1 of large Broccoli.
- It’s 1 lb of fingerling potatoes (in this dish I used purple potatoes).
- Prepare 1 of Rutabaga.
- Prepare 1 lb of Onions (smallish ones if you can find them).
- It’s 3-4 of table spoons Olive oil.
- You need of Dried Thyme.
- It’s of Salt.
My family absolutely loves roasted vegetables. We make these oven roasted veggies all the time, as well as. This easy recipe for Roasted Winter Vegetables is healthy and delicious. Roasting vegetables at a high heat delivers crispy outsides, tender insides and savory caramelization that tugs at your resolve.
Roasted Winter Vegetables instructions
- Heat the oven to 375 F / 190 C.
- Peel the veggies that require it (squash, carrots, onions, etc the onions can keep their skin if they're pretty…) and cut all into 1.5 inch chunks. The onions should be cut in quarters (if using large onions).
- You could choose to keep each veggie group by itself in the baking pan (nicer look) but you can also mix all together. I use a mixing bowl for each group to add a little oil and Thyme before placing them in the large roasting pan with the others..
- Sprinkle the veggies with oil and Thyme and place in the oven.
- Roast for about 50 minutes or till you could pierce the carrots / potatoes / Butternut squash with afork. (Adjust the temperature if you're using larger amounts). Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve at room temperature.
Roasted Winter Vegetables. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Share: Rate this Recipe This versatile recipe can also be adjusted based on your veggie preference! For winter squash, we recommend using butternut! For weeknight meals, you can speed up the process of roasting winter vegetables by cutting them into thin slices. Find roasted winter vegetables stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.