[Farmhouse Recipe] Sweet Potato.
You can have [Farmhouse Recipe] Sweet Potato using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Sweet Potato
- Prepare 300 grams of Sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter (or margarine).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 2 tsp of Rum.
[Farmhouse Recipe] Sweet Potato instructions
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into 1 cm thick. Boil with plenty of water until tender. When it's tender enough that a skewer goes through, drain off the water..
- Mash the sweet potato with a masher, add the butter while it's hot, and melt..
- Add the sugar and milk to Step 2, and simmer over low heat, stirring the mixture with a wooden spatula so that it won't burn. (About 5 minutes).
- When the mixture begins to feel heavy while stirring with the wooden spatula and it thickens, remove from the heat. Add the egg yolk little by little and mix well. Please leave about 1 teaspoon of egg yolk for later..
- Turn on the heat again to low, stirring for about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the rum and mix well..
- The dough is soft while it's hot, so wait until it cools down a little to shape. I divide the dough to put into an egg carton before I shape it..
- The right ones are straight from the egg carton or you can shape them nicely like the left ones easily. You can make them even-sized portions as well..
- Put the leftover egg yolk on the back of a spoon, spread over the surface of each portion. Using a spoon, you can make the surfaces nice and smooth..
- Line the baking tray of a oven with aluminum foil, place the sweet potatoes and bake them until browned, and then they are done. It takes about 7 minutes..
- They are ready Eat after cooled. The texture and taste is better when they are cooled..
- The round version is also cute..