Tomato basil bisque. My husband, Patrick Maas, makes this wonderful, creamy bisque. Chunky Tomato-Basil Bisque Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Creamy tomato basil bisque is a smooth, rich soup loaded with fresh tomatoes and just the right amount of basil and parmesan.
It's the best recipe I've found for tomato basil soup and just wanted to share it. Canned tomato soup gets a boost in this satisfying version, served warm or cold. Rich and zesty tomato soup with cream, sherry, basil and garlic. You can have Tomato basil bisque using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato basil bisque
- You need 1 large of can whole tomatoes 28oz leave the juice out. (unless you use the water in place of the broth) (I have also used about 4 cups of fresh tomatoes, steamed and peeled).
- You need 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of celery stalk.
- It’s 1 medium of onion mild.
- You need 5 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of flour.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth (or 1-2 cups plain water).
- Prepare 3 tsp of fresh dill minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh oregano minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of parsley fresh chopped.
- It’s 1 of about 8 fresh basil leaves (more if you like stronger basil flavor).
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste about 1/2 tsp.
Sorta Healthy – Tomato Basil Bisque is a Dairy free cream of tomato soup. Tomato Whether you refer to a tomato as a fruit or. Tomato Bisque with big flavor and very little guilt! My Healthy Tomato Basil Bisque recipe has a secret ingredient that might surprise you.
Tomato basil bisque step by step
- InstructionsIn large soup pot, melt butter. Over medium heat, sauté onions, carrot, celery. in butter, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Onions should be translucent but not brown. Add flour and stir; it will look a bit pasty. Cook and stir for a minute or two until the paste (called a roux), begins to brown slightly.Add tomatoes, dill, oregano, and stock. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add honey, cream, basil and parsley and return to a boil. Taste, add salt and pepper to season,.
- Pour soup into a blender to puree. Return to pot, cook low for few minutes, then serve.Garnish with basil leaves.
- (Note, try blending in small batches, to avoid an explosion).
What could possibly be more comforting than a cup of. Find tomato basil bisque stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Today's tomato bisque is similar to our tomato basil soup but it's a little more thick and a little less basil-y. But trust us – it's just as good. We especially love to make and serve this bisque with grilled.