Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe.
You can have Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter (you can use salted or unsalted butter. Just remember to adjust the salt).
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin (a lot? yes, that’s because I love it. But you can adjust it to your taste. Start with 2 tsp at least).
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock (or 2 chicken bouillon cube + 500 ml water).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chicken fat drips (or replace it with butter).
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe instructions
- Start with 1 tbsp butter in a pan using just medium flame, and add the thinly sliced yellow onion right after the butter is melted..
- Once the onion starts to look transparent, add in the thinly sliced garlic. Keep turning them until caramelized..
- Once it’s beginning to be caramelized, add dried thyme and cumin and keep turning them around 2 minutes..
- Add in all-purpose flour and mix it with the onion and the garlic and after they’re mixed, pour the chicken fat (or extra butter) in and turn it for 1 minute, then pour in the chicken stock (or water with the chicken bouillon cube)..
- Shimmer it on small flame to thicken to about 1 cup (Since you need to strain it later, take a wild guess that after it’s strained, it’ll be 1 cup).
- Season it with salt and pepper, taste it, and after you’re happy with it, leave it there for 2 extra minutes before straining it..
- Now all you need to do is just straining the gravy and prepare to receive praises with grace!.