Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves. Methi Prawns – Fenugreek Prawns is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Side-Dish. How to Make Methi Prawns – Fenugreek Prawns. Description of Kasuri Methi, What is Dried Fenugreek Leaves?
Used as a spice in Indian curries, sabzi. A quick stir fried fenugreek leaves with prawns ( jhinga methi ki sabzi ) a tasty authentic family recipe. Apart from the dried leaves, the green leaves and the seeds are also commonly used while cooking. You can have Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves
- It’s Half kg of prawns.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 4 of green chillies.
- You need 3 tbsn of dry fenugreek leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ginger garlic & chilli paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsn of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsn of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 pinch of garam masala powder.
The yellow-amber coloured seeds are added in the preparation of pickles, vegetables, and spice mixes like sambar powder. Fenugreek seeds are available both in powdered and grounded form. Fenugreek seeds can be used as told above. ▶ Alfalfa/Watercress: You can also use these leafy vegetables if they are available in your neighborhood. They have a taste that's similar to celery.
Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves step by step
- First heat oil, add cumin seeds and onion, saute then add ginger garlic and chilli paste mix well for few seconds add the tomatoes and chilli, now add the turmeric and chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook for 2 mins..
- Then add the prawn and cook till done then add the washed dry fenugreek leaves and mix with prawns..
- This I used(pic1)now add 1 pinch of garam masala and mix..now garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot 😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
Using Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi) in Indian Cooking. Dried fenugreek leaves have a very characteristic strong musky curry aroma with a slight bitter taste. This herb works beautifully when flavouring lamb and lentil dishes or dishes with a rich deep sauce. Do you know that fenugreek leaves have a plethora of health benefits? Fenugreek leaves are used widely for its medicinal benefits to treat diabetes, constipation and even kidney ailments.