Steamed Garlic Prawn. As overcooked prawns taste powdery, we definitely wanna avoid that. You will know when your prawns are perfectly cooked if they are crunchy to the bite! Combine with the garlic and soy sauce.
All you need for this recipe is a whole load of fresh garlic besides. Both my sisters are seafood fanatic, especially crab and prawns. Steamed Prawns with Garlic is a very simple homely dish. You can have Steamed Garlic Prawn using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Garlic Prawn
- It’s 300 gr of prawn, split the back and take out the dirt, keep the head and the skin.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 6 stalks of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 of red chili pepper, thinly sliced diagonally.
- You need 2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of seafood soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chinese cooking wine.
- Prepare to taste of white pepper powder.
Chinese restaurants always charge a premium for seafood dishes. The home-made version costs a small fraction of what the restaurants. A tasty, good-looking dish with little preparation, steamed garlic prawns with vermicelli only takes a few minutes to cook. A great dish to impress your guests at dinner parties.
Steamed Garlic Prawn step by step
- Mix the prawn with salt and lime juice. Set aside for 15 minutes..
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together..
- Arrange prawn on a heat resistant plate..
- Pour sauce ingredients on top of the prawn..
- Steam prawn for 8 minutes only in a big preheated pot. Remove from the heat. (Please DO NOT steam the prawn too long. It will make them chewy and not sweet anymore).
- Place sliced green onions and sliced red chili pepper evenly on the prawn..
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan until very hot. Pour sesame oil on the prawn evenly..
- Serve over warm plain porridge or rice. Yum! 😋..
Wash prawns thoroughly and leave on shells and heads. Arrange the prawns on a dish, and cover with the soy sauce mixture. A dish that will remind you of the sea, with its naturally sweet and savoury flavours in the prawns and stock! Come and know the secret behind preserving the. Is there any ingredient that is quite as important as garlic?