Pinoy Bistek (beefsteak) Recipe. This recipe for bistek tagalog, which is also known as beefsteak, is easy to follow. It produces great tasting Pinoy bistek. Bistek Tagalog is a type of Filipino beef stew.
Bistek made of beef slices braised in citrus juice, soy sauce, onions, and garlic. This Filipino beef steak is hearty, tasty and Bistek was the very first recipe I posted on the blog and below is the whole entirety of that post. I checked my Feedburner account today. You can have Pinoy Bistek (beefsteak) Recipe using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pinoy Bistek (beefsteak) Recipe
- Prepare of beef sirloin part is better and thinly sliced.
- You need cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 pieces of lemon or 3 -4 pieces of calamansi if it available.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic (depends if you don't like it its okey).
- It’s to taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of large onion and sliced it into rings.
- You need 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need pinch of salt to taste.
This video will show you how to cook Bistek Tagalog (Filipino Beefsteak). I made this remake video so that the presentation will be clearer than the. Pan-fry the beef working in batches, remove after browning on both sides. When all the beef has been browned, pour the marinade into the skillet and bring to a slow boil and simmer for a few minutes or until cooked through.
Pinoy Bistek (beefsteak) Recipe instructions
- Marinate first the beef in the soy sauce with lemon or calamansi and ground black pepper for at least 1 hour or 2 is much better..
- While marinating prepare and cut all the ingredients (onions and garlic).
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan then stir fry the marinated beef (without the marinade and don't throw the sauce because you will need it later) then when the beef color turns brown put it on the plate and set it aside.
- In the same pan where the beef were fried. Stir fry the garlic and onion rings until the texture becomes soft. Set aside also in the plate.
- In the same pan, pour the marinade we save last time and bring it to a boil..
- Then put in the fried beef and simmer it for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender..
- When the sauce settle a little, then you can now add the stir-fried onions and add some salt if you want it a little saltier. (but its up to you if you want you beefsteak with lots of sauce).
- Serve it hot with rice and Enjoy!.
Adjust the sauce with more soy sauce. How to Cook Bistek Recipe (Filipino Beef Steak). This is a Filipino style beef steak. Made from thinly sliced beef and marinated with soy sauce, calamansi juice, pepper and liquid seasoning. This must-try recipe for Filipino bistek, or beef steak, uses a delicious and simple marinade to impart serious flavor.