garlic nailed steak (prego no pao ). Serve on a plate with rice and vegetables or served up on a bun with lots of onions, this is a very popular way to enjoy beef steak. Lay slices of garlic on on side of the steaks. Using a tenderizing mallet, "nail" the garlic to the steak by pounding the slices into the meat.
These steaks flavored with onions and red wine are called garlic "nailed" steaks because a small meat mallet is typically used to "nail" the garlic slices into the steak. If you like drama, go for it, but I usually just push the garlic in with my finger – it doesn't really stay in too well anyway. Prego No Pão – Garlic Nailed Steak – Portugal. You can have garlic nailed steak (prego no pao ) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of garlic nailed steak (prego no pao )
- Prepare 1/2 lb of sirloin steak cut in 1/4inch thick slices.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 6 clove of garlic shopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 of crusty sandwich buns.
- You need 2 slice of of swiss cheese.
- Prepare 2 of lettuce.
Garlic and pepper rubbed sirloin steak with a touch of salt finished with some white wine before landing on your Papo seco roll. 🍳🍳. مقاطع فيديو ذات صلة. I turned to the Prego no Pão – a Portuguese beef and garlic sandwich, often served as street food. My research (thank you Google!) revealed that the Prego no Pão can be quite simple – just a seared slab of beef with a bit of garlic and salt on a roll, to more complicated and flavorful affairs of thinly. Garlic Nailed Steak (Prego no Pao).
garlic nailed steak (prego no pao ) step by step
- lay out steaks in a flat surface.
- lay the garlic on on side of the steaks.
- nail the garlic to the steak (using a tenderizing mallet ,if you don't have one just use some kitchen utensil heavy enough to nail the garlic ).
- repeat on the reverse side of steaks.
- in a skillet start to melt the butter over medium heat ,season the steaks with salt and pepper and fry each side for 5minutes.
- transfer to a dish and cover.
- in the same skillet add the onion ,stir and cook for 2minutes then add the wine and the paprika ,increase the heat and reduce sauce by alf.
- return the beef to the sauce and heat for 2minutes.
- serve with crusty bread with lettuce and swiss cheese.
Prego no Pão has been the most popular and widely eaten sandwich in Portuguese cuisine for many years. This is not just because it is an easy sandwich to make on the go but because it is also so delicious. The combination of cooking the garlic with the steak adds unbelievable smell and flavour. Prego No Pão, Prego Roll. (Portuguese). steak, garlic, bread. Delicious and succulent, these Portuguese prego rolls are made with juicy steak grilled in a flavorsome marinade served on a fresh bread roll.