Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. —Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia. I thought this recipe was very, very good.
At its simplest, a gratin is sliced potatoes, a cup of whole milk (yes, milk though you're welcome to gild the lily with half, full and double creams) and a As I mentioned above, potato gratins are infinitely adaptable, so have fun with this recipe. Onion potato gratin with sliced Yukon Gold potatoes, baked with onions, with heavy cream and Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses. With cheese, onions, and potatoes, how can one go wrong? You can have Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- It’s 8 of medium size Potatoes (thinly sliced).
- It’s 2 tbs of Butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 of onion (cut into dice).
- You need 1 clove of garlic (thinly sliced).
- It’s to taste of Salt, Black pepper, and nutmeg.
- You need 175 gr of Bacon.
- Prepare 100 gr of Grated Chees.
Unless of course you are on a diet, in which case you should probably stay away from this one. This potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals! How to Make Potato Gratin: First, have the cream and milk together in a big bowl before you start slicing the potatoes, then put the potatoes directly into the milk and cream after you. Au Gratin Potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes, covered in a creamy cheese sauce and then topped with more cheese and baked in the oven!
Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C..
- Heat the sliced potatoes in the microwave with the maximum heat for 4 minutes..
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir for about 1 minute..
- Add the flour, and stir constantly for one minute. Stir in milk, cream, salt, chicken stock, nutmeg, and black pepper. Cook until the sauce has thickened..
- Layer the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish (make it one layer). Top with the sauce, bacon, and cheese..
- Make the second layer of Potatoes, top with sauce, bacon, and cheese. Repeat until all potatoes, sauce, bacon and cheese are used..
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked well..
- Check the video, how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/w9mJUKYOPuI.
This potato recipe is au gratin because we top the thinly sliced potatoes with an extra layer of cheese before baking, giving it a delicious cheesy crust! Potatoes Au Gratin are a dinnertime staple around here! Tender potato and onion slices smothered in a quick cheesy sauce and baked until golden. This is one of our favorite easy side dish recipes. These Simple Au Gratin Potatoes are the perfect side for any menu.