Steak fish (milkfish). Filipino Fish Steak is the Fish version of Bistek Tagalog, which is also known as Filipino Beef Steak. Filipino Fish Steak makes use of boneless bangus belly. Bangus or milkfish is the national fish of.
Milkfish, (Chanos chanos), silvery marine food fish that is the only living member of the family Chanidae (order Gonorhynchiformes). The milkfish is often collected when young and raised. Milkfish, also called bangus or Chanos chanos, is a fatty fish that you can cook with simple preparation. You can cook Steak fish (milkfish) using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steak fish (milkfish)
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil for fying.
- You need 3 piece of belly (milkfish belly).
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic.
- You need 2 head of onion slice round.
- You need 1 tbsp of mirin (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of liquid seasoning.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch to thicken sauce.
- It’s 1 bunch of bokchoy or any green veggies.
- Prepare dash of ground black pepper.
- Prepare pinch of brown sugar to taste.
This fish lives in warm waters around islands in the Indo-Pacific. So I'm just here waiting for my milkfish cuts to be fully fried, wondering if you guys from other countries have tried this or not. Habitat and reproduction Milkfish are euryhaline, stenothermic fish. They occur and can be cultured in freshwater, brackishwater, and.
Steak fish (milkfish) instructions
- Sprinkle belly fish with salt and pepper. Fry slightly then set aside..
- Reduce the oil used in frying., using the same oil saute' garlic and onion. Add the cooked belly fish. Put the liquid ingredients such as oyster sauce, mirin(optional), seasoning, water. Add sugar and pepper to taste..
- Simmer for about 5 to 10 mins. Dissolve cornstarch in the water then pour it on the simmer fish. Stir a bit until sauce thicken then add some greens for garnishing. Serve with steam rice..
Nutrition facts label for Fish, milkfish, raw. This feature requires Flash player to be installed in your browser. Fish Fillet With White Sauce Recipes. Boneless Milkfish Belly With Steak Sauce #PhilippineRestaurantMenuPhilippine Restaurants Menu. Place frozen fish in vinegar mixture (with onions and garlic).