Chicken Liver Pate – Chilli and White Truffle Oil (optional).
You can cook Chicken Liver Pate – Chilli and White Truffle Oil (optional) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Liver Pate – Chilli and White Truffle Oil (optional)
- It’s 250 Gr of Chicken Livers – Cleaned & Sliced.
- It’s 1 of Medium Onion – Finely Sliced.
- Prepare 5 Tbs of Butter.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Cream.
- You need 2 Tsp of Light Brown Sugar.
- You need of Tyme (Fresh is best).
- Prepare 4-8 Drops of Tabassco (I love the really hot one) – Optional.
- You need 1 Tsp of Of White Truffle Oil – Optional.
- You need of Salt and Lots of fresh ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Bayleaf to decorate.
- Prepare of Hot Toast to serve.
Chicken Liver Pate – Chilli and White Truffle Oil (optional) instructions
- In a large Frying pan put about 1 Tsp of the Butter and soften the Onions – about 5 mins do not brown them. Then Add the Garlic & Sugar and cook 1 extra min. Add 1.5 Tsp Butter.
- Add the Sliced Chicken Livers and the Tyme, If using fresh just use the leaves removed from the Stalks. Again these need to good for about 4-5 mins and should just stop being pink in the middle – do not over cook or pate will be dry..
- Remove from Heat and let cool for 5 mins.
- Put all the mixture from the pan into your food processor with the metal blade – max for about 20-30 seconds, Add the cream, Tobassco and truffle oil, Salt and Pepper and pulse 1 time..
- Devide into little pots and place a Bayleaf onto each, then heat the remaining 1.5 Tbls of butter until metaled and pour over each one – this can help seal in the wonderful smells and makes the pate last longer.
- Put in fridge to chill – Ideal over night and serve with Hot Toast.