Fried cabbage and noodles with kielbasa. Fried cabbage and noodles is simple comfort food at its finest! If you're a fan of plain buttered noodles with salt and pepper, you've got to try Not only is this dish delicious and filling, but it's very versatile. You can serve it as a side dish along side fresh or smoked sausage (kielbasa is especially.
Cabbage and noodles is one of my all time favorite comfort foods. The addition of kielbasa (or smoked sausage) makes this a meal. When cabbage is ready, add the egg noodles, bacon and keilbasa to the Dutch oven. You can cook Fried cabbage and noodles with kielbasa using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried cabbage and noodles with kielbasa
- You need 1 head of Chopped cabbage.
- You need 1 of Sliced kielbasa.
- You need 1 packages of Boiled Extra wide egg noodles.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Garnish each serving with parsley flakes, if desired. The Best Cabbage Noodles Kielbasa Recipes on Yummly Polish Sausage With Cabbage, Savoy Cabbage-noodle Casserole, Chinese Green Cabbage Noodle Stir Fry. I fry the kielbasa with the onion, add the cabbage and a pat of butter.
Fried cabbage and noodles with kielbasa instructions
- While boiling Egg noodles, fry chopped cabbage and sliced kielbasa in butter..
- when noodles are done (about 8 minutes), drain and add to the fry pan with other ingredients..
- Fry until cabbage wilts and turns a beautiful golden color.
- season with salt and fresh ground pepper. (you could add a splash of vinegar while frying for added flavor).
I have never had to drain anything. Haluski is a buttery Polish dish with egg noodles and fried cabbage often served during Lent and uses up leftover Add the cooked noodles to the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. And yes, people also love it with kielbasa and bacon. Once noodles are done and the cabbage is soft, drain the noodles and mix with the buttered cabbage. I've been making this for many years and I always add kielbasa and egg noodles.