Shepherds Pie low carb. Before going low carb, I used to make cottage pie all the time. It was a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Another way to change up this low carb shepherd's pie recipe is to vary the vegetables used in the filling.
Shepherds tend sheep and I think you call. Low-carb shepherd's pie with a cheesy cauliflower crust is an absolute low-carb family staple. A low-carb shepherd's pie topped with simple mashed cauliflower and cheese is a great healthy winter dish. You can cook Shepherds Pie low carb using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie low carb
- Prepare of pie.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of lamb.
- It’s 2 cup of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of mushroom.
- It’s 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of marjoram.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of rosemary.
- You need 1/3 tsp of summer savory.
- Prepare 7 of lamb stock or beef stock.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter softened.
- Prepare of mashed cauliflower.
- It’s 2 of large heads of cauliflower.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pints of water.
A delicious all-in-one Low Carb Shepherd's Pie, inspired by the cooler weather. This comforting dish is loaded with lamb, vegetables and cheese – is there anything better! This low carb easy shepherd's pie uses cauliflower mash instead of mashed potato, making it friendly for those who are on the keto diet. This is a remixed version of an older Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe.
Shepherds Pie low carb instructions
- Preheat oven 275° Fahrenheit.
- Chop the lamb into bite sized pieces..
- Slice the carrots, and mushrooms. Chop the onions. Mix everything for the pie together. Put into 9×13 baking pan. Bake 2 hours. Stir well..
- Boil steam the cauliflower. Drain all the liquids when it gets fork tender..
- Mix the salt, cream, and cauliflower. Whip them till creamy don't make the cauliflower too runny but should be firm. Let cool..
- Spread cauliflower over the lamb mixture. Turn heat up to 425° Fahrenheit. Make grooves in cauliflower and bake 30 minutes..
- Let sit 10 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.
Following a lower carbohydrate diet doesn't necessarily mean you have to give up the. This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Shepherd's Pie is one of those recipes that I really didn't like growing up. This keto Low Carb Shepherd's Pie uses wholesome, delicious ingredients.