Acorn squash and onion casserole. The Best Acorn Squash Casserole Recipes on Yummly Roasted Squash Casserole With Maple Nut Praline, Winter Squash Casserole, Squash Casserole With Crunchy Pecan Topping. Easy and healthy Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash packed with an abundance of sweet and savory flavor!
I cook my squash and season it with butter and onion. Salt and pepper than when it gets done I add some crackers to the. Fixed my mother's squash casserole recipe. You can cook Acorn squash and onion casserole using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn squash and onion casserole
- You need 3 of medium sized acorn squash.
- You need 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of medium sized yellow bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of medium sized red bell pepper 3 large onions.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
This easy casserole is incredibly tasty. My family asks for it with steak or chicken.—Bobbie McMahan, Anderson, South Carolina. View top rated Acorn squash onions soup recipes with ratings and reviews. Add onions and garlic and cook.
Acorn squash and onion casserole instructions
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Remove skin if needed from squash. If the squash is easy to cut in half leave the skin on..
- Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Dice the squash. If it was hard to cut in half and seeds are removed, bake cut side down 25 minutes. Let cool a bit and scoop out from the skin..
- Chop the onions coarsely. Heat oil chop the peppers up.
- Add onions and peppers to hot oil.
- Add the spices.
- Let them sauté for 20 minutes covered. Add the squash. If pre cooked in oven then reduce the next cooking time to 10 minutes..
- After the squash is tender around 25 minutes covered add parmesan cheese.
- Cover with mozzarella.
- Bake in oven 25 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.
Squash casserole is a classic meat-and-three side dish, binding mild summer squash with a creamy cheddar sauce and topped with a crunchy cracker topping. Cook the squash and onion until softened. While acorn squash is considered an autumn vegetable, this dessert recipe can be eaten both hot and cold so you can enjoy it no matter the season. Proving acorn squash isn't just for dinner, this recipe is stuffed with onions and turkey sausage (and whatever else you'd like to add). This Squash Casserole recipe is so easy to make that you won't believe it tastes as good as it does.