Filipino Beef Steak. This quick and easy Filipino beef steak recipe takes very little time to make. The smell of Filipino beef steak is enough to make one drool. I think it's safe to say we all grew up eating beef steak.
Make sure to pour all the. This Filipino beef steak is hearty, tasty and perfect with steamed rice. Also known as beefsteak, it was adapted from the Spanish bistec encebollado to suit our local tastes and indigenous ingredients. You can have Filipino Beef Steak using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Filipino Beef Steak
- It’s of Thin slices of beef steak.
- It’s of Large Onions.
- It’s 2 of Lemons.
- It’s of Brown Sugar.
- You need of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Corn starch.
This video will show you how to cook Bistek Tagalog (Filipino Beefsteak). I made this remake video so that the presentation will be clearer than the. Bistek Tagalog is a type of Filipino beef stew. This is also known as Beefsteak to some people.
Filipino Beef Steak instructions
- Marinate beef steak slices in soy sauce and pepper. Squeeze out juice from the lemons to the marinade. Add brown sugar.
- Marinate for an hour.
- Heat pan with cooking oil and fry the beef slices without the marinade until they turn brown. Set aside..
- In the same pan, saute the onions cut in circular shape. Set aside..
- Saute chopped garlic. Add the marinade and then the beef steak. Cook until meat is tender.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of corn starch in water, then add to the mixture..
- Add onions on top of the tenderized beef steak..
In my opinion, there is a huge possibility that the term Bistek was derived from the words "beef steak". Keywords: Entree, Bistek, Beefsteak, Beef Steak, Vegan, Filipino, Philippines. Tag @sweetsimplevegan on Instagram and hashtag it #sweetsimplevegan. Bistek or Bistek Tagalog is a Filipino version beef steak marinated in soy sauce and kalamansi When I was a kid, I thought that 'Bistek" is a Filipino way of tagalizing the English word "beefsteak". Filipino-style beef steak is hearty, tasty and perfect with steamed rice.