Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita). If you like Greek spanakopita, you'll love this phyllo chicken recipe for dinner. Like the Mediterranean pie, this ground chicken casserole idea is loaded with spinach and feta and topped with flaky phyllo dough. Some years ago I found this recipe and streamlined it to fit our family.
Chicken Florentine Phyllo Pie – A creamy, cheesy and delicious mixture of chicken and spinach nestled between crispy and flaky phyllo sheets. In my attempt to create something different, I took out the phyllo sheets, combined some not-so-tasty cheese-veggie-filling ingredients and made us a. Home » Chicken Recipes » Healthy Chicken Pot Pie with Phyllo Crust. You can cook Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita) using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita)
- It’s 500 grams of Chicken boiled & shredded.
- It’s 2 of medium size Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Feta Cheese.
- It’s 6 sheets of Phyllo Dough.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
Phyllo dough is a perfect option! Instead of using two pie crusts, all you need are a few sheets of phyllo to top the entire dish. Pour the olive oil over the chicken and season both sides with the herbs and spices. The chicken breasts in phyllo are placed into a baking dish, brushed with butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita) step by step
- Chop and boil chicken..
- When the boiled chicken has cooled off shred with a fork..
- Slightly beat 2 eggs before adding into the chicken..
- Toss into the shredded chicken the cheese and eggs and a pinch of salt..
- Brush baking pan with olive oil and start to slowly layer the 3 sheets of Phyllo..
- Add in the chicken mixture..
- Layer the last 3 sheets of phyllo on top of the chicken mixture and brush each sheet with olive oil..
Phyllo pizza with chicken, vegetables, fresh cilantro and mint leaves. The flaky phyllo dough and fresh herbs take pizza to a new level of gourmet. Next, I melted half a stick of butter and combined that with olive oil. I brushed a large baking sheet with the oil-butter mixture and began laying my phyllo. Pour chicken mixture on fillo dough.