Mom’s apple pie.
You can have Mom’s apple pie using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom’s apple pie
- You need 6 of large apples cored, peeled and sliced thin.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Juice of half a lemon.
- You need of Pats of cold butter.
- It’s of Glaze.
- It’s 3 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
Mom’s apple pie step by step
- Coat apples well with flour sugar and spice mixture.
- Add lemon juice and toss apple mixture well. Set aside..
- Butter pie dish and sprinkle with flour. Spread crust over dish. Pat down and sprinkle with flour lightly..
- Scoop apples into pie crust a little at a time, being sure to stack them carefully to avoid gaps. You’ll want as little air as possible between apple pieces. A tight apple pie is the best. You’ll find a bit of liquid has drained from the apples. Discard this..
- Add pats of butter to top of apples..
- Cover pie with second crust, pinching and scoring around rim with a fork. Cut slits in the pie top to vent..
- Brush crust with milk and brown sugar mixture..
- Foil rim of crust to avoid burning.
- Bake at 425 for 45-50 minutes.