Baked Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken. Checkout this easy Baked Hawaiian Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Recipe at LaaLoosh.com. A light dinner recipe that is packed with fiber and protein. It's also a perfect topper for steamed rice, which I highly recommend with it.
Grilled Hawiian Teriyaki Chicken was one of my favorite things to eat in Hawaii. It is tender, flavorful, and goes great with any Hawaiian dish. Keywords: pineapple teriyaki chicken, baked teriyaki chicken. You can have Baked Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken
- Prepare 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of + 1 tbsp cornstarch, divided.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 can (8 oz.) of pineapple tidbits, drained.
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it I made the Hawaiian chicken tonight and it was so easy and delicious. The teriyaki sauces is so good. I added some of the pineapple juice to it. Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers marinate in the very best homemade Hawaiian teriyaki sauce!
Baked Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken step by step
- Start by cutting your chicken into bite sizes pieces. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside..
- In one bowl, place 1/2 cup of the cornstarch. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Dip the chicken pieces into the cornstarch to coat first. Then, dip the coated pieces into the egg..
- Working in batches, place the chicken pieces into the skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side to brown them. You don't want them to cook through at this point. Once the pieces are browned, place them into the prepared baking dish. Continue until all the chicken is browned..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and the 1 tbsp cornstarch. Pour over the chicken..
- Sprinkle the diced pepper and pineapple tidbits over the top of the chicken..
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes or so, that way everything gets an even coating of sauce. Start to check whether your chicken is done around the 45 minute mark, which is also when your sauce should start to thicken up..
- Once ready, let sit for 5 minutes, then serve..
Loaded with peppers, fresh pineapple and red onions, these make an incredible and vibrant meal! Hawaiian Baked Chicken. "Here's a sweet and tangy way to dress up chicken," suggests Leona Callen from Anna Maria, Florida. "Pineapple and brown mustard pair perfectly for marinating the poultry, which comes out of the oven moist and tender." Chicken is baked in a simple homemade teriyaki sauce for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Pour sauce over chicken breasts, coating all sides. Place chicken in a casserole dish. Combine all ingredients (except pineapple) and pour over chicken.