Sausage n Mushroom Stars.
You can have Sausage n Mushroom Stars using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage n Mushroom Stars
- You need 1 of Kielbasa sausage.
- Prepare 1 Cup of portobello mushrooms baby , finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of white onion.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of garlic.
- It’s To Taste of salt.
- It’s To Taste of pepper.
- Prepare of oil.
- It’s 2 " 2 " 10 of puff pastry squares , x size.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of oregano dried.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of cream thick.
Sausage n Mushroom Stars step by step
- Thaw the frozen puff pastry and separate each individual square. lay each square on a clean worktop..
- Cut the squares on the diagonal at each corner, halfway to the center (dont cut all the way)..
- In a pan, heat the oil..
- Add the garlic and onion and cook till onion is caramelized on a medium flame, stirring every 2 minutes..
- Add the baby portobello mushrooms, salt and pepper. mix well, till the mushrooms are cooked through and release all their moisture..
- Add the oregano and cream. stir well..
- Cut the kielbasa into bite size pieces and add to the pan. saute well till the sausage is cooked through..
- Add the cream, and stir. let the sauce thicken on a low flame..
- When done, let the mixture cool to room temperature..
- Place a spoonful of filling in the center of each square..
- Next, fold over every alternate edge to the center, and press the four edges firmly together to lock. you will have a star-shape..
- Place the stars on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes, till the pastry is puffed and golden..
- Optional: you can brush an egg wash over the stars before putting them in the oven..
- Let the stars cool on a wire rack before serving..