Chilli con carne. Chili con carne, meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef). Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This meatless (aka vegan) The lentils and beans ensure the chili is hearty and filling, while the peppers, onion and corn give it that real chili con carne feel.
This belly warming dish of meaty, spicy joy is a regular on our dinner table. This chilli con carne recipe makes a tasty Mexican meal that's great as a family dinner. Chilli con carne is the affordable mid-week favourite that the whole family will love eating again and again. You can have Chilli con carne using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilli con carne
- You need 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 cup of beef stock.
- You need 1 of heap tbsp Mexican chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of hot paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1-28 oz of can whole tomatoes.
- You need 1-15 oz of can kidney beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1-12 oz of can sweet corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of molasses.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
This is a really easy chilli con carne recipe. It has loads of flavour even though it uses mostly store cupboard ingredients. You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh chillies. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños Chili Con Carne Recipe.
Chilli con carne instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the beef and fry for 10 – 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked and browned. Add the onion and continue cooking another 10 minutes until the onions start to caramelize and the meat starts to crisp..
- Stir the garlic and tomato paste into the pot and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock and let simmer until the stock's absorbed and the meat mixture is mostly dry again..
- Stir the spices into the pot. Give them a minute to warm through, then add the tomatoes. Crush them in your hand as you drop them into the pot, and be sure to add the tomato liquid from the can as well. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the beans, corn and molasses. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chilli is no longer watery. Stir in the maple syrup and add extra salt as needed to finish..
how to make chili con carne. Does the British version of chilli con carne have its own merits, or is it an affront to one of the American southwest's proudest pieces of culinary heritages? Finde was du suchst – köstlich & vielfältig. Jetzt ausprobieren mit ♥ Chefkoch.de ♥. What diets is this Chilli Con Carne suitable for?