Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce.
You can cook Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce
- You need 4 of jalapenos, deseeded and diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced, divided.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth, divided.
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 15 oz of can of black beans, drained.
- You need 5 of plum tomatoes, diced, divided.
- It’s 15 oz of can of corn.
- It’s 1 packet of adobo sazon.
- It’s 2 tsp of oregano, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 4 tbsp of cilantro, diced, divided.
- It’s 400 g of crema or creme fraiche.
- You need 2 of red peppers, diced.
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- You need 10 of skinless chicken breasts.
Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce instructions
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauce pan. Cook the jalapenos and garlic until fragrant and you get some browning on the garlic..
- Add chicken broth, quinoa, 1/2 of the tomatoes, beans, corns, adobo sazon, oregano, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low heat. Cover and let it cook while you prepare the rest of the meal..
- Combine mexican crema, 2 cups chicken broth, remaining tomatoes, garlic and jalapenos, red peppers, onion, bay leaf, and cayenne in a small sauce pan. Simmer over low heat. This will stay on the heat until the chicken is ready to serve. Preheat oven to 400F(204C)..
- Depending on the size of your chicken this step is tricky. If you have breasts large enough for you to cut a slit through the chicken creating a large pocket on the inside without piercing the outer layer opening your pocket, go for it! If you have small chicken or you're not sure you can go for plan B. Take half of your chicken and use a sharp knife to cut in half, making sure to keep one of the halves intact. These will be your covers. The other five chickens will be your bases. Either way, any meat scraps you have you can go ahead, cute them into 1/2 inch strips and throw into your cream sauce..
- Check the quinoa, all the water should be gone by now and the quinoa should be ready to serve. Remove from heat. Scoop as much quinoa onto one of the whole chicken breasts (about 4 or 5 tbsp). Try to keep as much of the filling in the middle, you're gonna throw one of the half breast on top in a second..
- Cover the quinoa with one of the half breasts. Using toothpick secure the two pieces of chicken with the quinoa inside. This took about 8 toothpicks to keep everything together. I broke the toothpick in half so they wouldn't get in the way when we transfer to the pan..
- Heast 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron pan. When the oil is smoking add as much chicken as you can fit in a single layer in the pan. Let the chicken cook for 6-8 minutes on one side, or when browned to your liking. You can peek using a spatula..
- Flip the chicken (carefully! don't want to throw the quinoa everywhere). Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and cook for about 8 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160F(71C)..
- Remove the chicken from the oven and take the cream sauce off the burner. Now you're ready to serve! Accompany with a side of quinoa and pour crema over everything. Eat up!.