Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili – CROCKPOT. Try this healthy, vegetarian quinoa chili with chunky sweet potatoes and hearty sweet potatoes. It's made in a slower cooker, so it's easy and mostly hands-off! I think it's just what we all need.
Add more water if mixture is too thick. I love sweet potatoes and had to try this recipe. I'm glad to report that it did not disappoint! You can have Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili – CROCKPOT using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili – CROCKPOT
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef, browned.
- It’s 1 of red or orange bell pepper, diced into 1/2" chunks.
- It’s 1 lb of sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2" chunks.
- Prepare 1 cup of Black Bean and Corn salsa.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of onion flakes.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of dried oregano leaves.
- You need 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans (undrained).
- It’s 1 can of chili beans (undrained).
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Better Than Boullion brand roasted beef base.
- You need 3 Tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 4 cups of water (reserve 1 cup for corn starch).
The sweet potatoes and beans make it very filling. This is in my regular rotation! Delicious Vegetarian chili I love black beans and sweet potatoes. This was such an easy dish to throw together.
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili – CROCKPOT step by step
- In a shaker container, dissolve the cornstarch in the 1 cup of water that was reserved. Pour that and the remaining 3 cups water with all other ingredients into a crockpot. Give it a stir and cook on low for 4 -6 hours..
- Top with crumbled tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro if desired. Serve with a slice of lime..
I didn't have chipotle powder so I. In this vegetarian chili recipe, sweet potatoes and black beans are combined with quinoa, tomatoes and spices to create a hearty, meatless chili that's rich in flavor. This wholesome chili will convince even the most carnivorous eaters that vegetarian recipes can be filling and satisfying. This turkey chili with sweet potatoes, black beans and quinoa is a hearty, healthy bowl of goodness easily made in a slow cooker. This slow cooker chili is a total weeknight favorite.