Orzo broccoli casserole. My first encounters with casseroles were from a box, where you added hamburger meat or canned tuna to a mix of dried noodles, cooking liquid, and some mysterious seasoning packet. Gently fold in the broccoli and orzo. Transfer the mixture to the buttered casserole dish.
This Greek-inspired dish, featuring chicken, spinach, oregano, feta cheese crumbles and fresh lemon, proves that casseroles can be lighter and. Be the first to review this recipe. cook broccoli til tender crisp. combine all ingredients except bread crumbs, butter and half cup of cheese. place in casserole dish. Broccoli and Orzo is an easy, kid-friendly side dish which combines orzo – a rice shaped pasta with fresh broccoli, garlic and oil. You can have Orzo broccoli casserole using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orzo broccoli casserole
- It’s 3/4 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 1 lb of orzo.
- You need 1 head of broccoli.
- Prepare 6 oz of velveeta cheese.
- It’s 5 of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1/2 can of cream of chicken.
- You need of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of salt pepper.
It's also quick to whip up, and makes a perfect. Broccoli and Orzo Casserole Recipe: Shaped like a grain of rice, orzo is actually a short-cut pasta that works in soups, casseroles, or on its own. Chicken, broccoli, and orzo are simmered in creamy Alfredo sauce for this easy, family-pleasing one-skillet meal. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Orzo.
Orzo broccoli casserole instructions
- Pre heat oven 375. Boil water for orzo and broccoli. Cut broccoli into bite size pieces. Cook orzo for 5 minutes then add broccoli, mushrooms. Cook for another 7 minutes..
- Saute ground turkey in a separate pan while orzo broccoli cooks. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on turkey while cookin..
- Drain orzo and use the pot for the next ingredients. Add milk, cubed velveeta and cream of chicken, stir till combined and cooked..
- Pour all ingredients into pot and fold all together.
- Pour into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan on top of casserole and put in oven. Cook 20 minutes. Enjoy.
Orzo pasta makes this bake a sensational alternative to the classic broccoli casserole. There's a nice blend of cheese and a hint of mustard in the dish.—Shana Conradt, Greenville, Wisconsin. This broccoli and bell pepper filled baked orzo is cheesy and comforting without being overly heavy Making for one very pretty looking casserole. While the orzo is cooking in a saucepan until al dente. This flavorful casserole is perfect for a one-dish meal or potluck dinner.