Beef stew with stout. Pour half a bottle of stout beer and wine into the pan. Preparation Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. THis Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness from Food.com will be the star dish at any St.
It's nice and thick and the flavor is rich, and it;s easy! I'll be naking this again soon. perfect for a cold winter evening. The taste of cooked stout in the stew may be new to them. You can have Beef stew with stout using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef stew with stout
- Prepare 750 g of beef stew meet, cut into 3cm cubes.
- It’s 1 of brown onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 of celery, chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots, peeled and chopped coarsely.
- It’s 3 of potato, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato puree.
- You need 400 g of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Worchestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of beef broth, or 2 beef cube.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornflour.
- You need of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s splash of stout.
My mom used to make a so-called French Ragout with red wine — no tipsy kids at our table! But not just any stew, Irish Beef Stew made with Guinness Stout beer. I prefer the bone-in meat when making stew because after I cut the bone and fat away I throw the bone in the. This beef and Guinness stew is super easy to make with some bacon, stewing beef, Guinness Stout, and vegetables.
Beef stew with stout instructions
- Fry the onion and celery in 1 tbsp oil over a low heat until they start to soften – about 5 mins. Add the carrots and garlic and fry for 2 mins, stir in the purée and Worcestershire sauce, add 300ml boiling water (if using stock cube), stir and tip everything into a slow cooker..
- Crumble over the stock cubes or add the beef broth and stir, then season with pepper (don’t add salt yet as the stock may be salty)..
- Clean out the frying pan and fry the beef in the remaining oil in batches until it is well browned, then tip each batch into the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients (potato, star anise, bay leaf, paprika, stout, tomato puree, crushed tomato) to the slowcooker and cook on low for 8-10 hrs, or on high for 4-6 hrs..
- If you want to thicken the gravy, mix the corn our with a splash of cold water to make a paste, then stir in 2 tbsp of the liquid from the slow cooker. Tip back into the slow cooker, stir and cook for a further 30 mins on high. Stir in the parsley and season again to taste..
Enjoy the stew with crusty rolls or biscuits along with a tossed salad and a mug of stout. Rich and hearty beef guinness stout stew with a handful of vegetables and dark beer warms your bellies with pure comfort! I was planning on making this stew with Guinness beer since it's almost Saint Patrick's Day and Guinness is so popular and easy to get this time of year. Foodie Friday: Beef Stew with Stout! Recipe Credit: The Irish Spirit by Margaret M.