French Toast Roll Ups. French Toast Roll-Ups – cream cheese, fruit, or whatever fillings you like rolled up in cinnamon sugar bread. Without getting into too much detail, my baby girl had a stomach bug and my husband had food poisoning. PREPARATION Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
French Toast Roll Ups are a delicious and easy breakfast option. With so many fillling possibilites the options are endless! French Toast Roll Ups are super easy to make and even more fun to share and eat! You can have French Toast Roll Ups using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Toast Roll Ups
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 8 slices of soft white bread, crusts removed.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter, for skillet.
- It’s of Maple syrup, for serving.
Roll an assortment of tasty fillings inside a slice of bread and saute in a pan until golden. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Roll-up. The problem with these Strawberry Nutella French Toast Roll Ups is that they are way too easy to make.
French Toast Roll Ups step by step
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt 3 tablespoons butter until just melted..
- With a fork, stir in 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon until a smooth, spreadable mixture forms. Set aside..
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs & milk. Set aside..
- In another small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, with 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Set aside..
- After trimming the crusts from each slice of bread, roll one slice out to about 1/8 inch thickness with a rolling pin..
- Spread each slice with a thin layer of the butter mixture & roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining bread slices & butter mixture..
- Place 3 tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick sauté pan & let melt over medium heat. (If using a small pan use 2 tablespoons of butter).
- Dip one roll at a time in the egg mixture & place in the sauté pan. Allow roll ups to cook for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown & slightly crisp on the outside..
- Roll each one around in the cinnamon sugar mixture & coat well. Serve immediately with maple syrup..
Because frankly, let's not kid ourselves, these are not a normal breakfast by any stretch of the imagination. I made these in the morning to take photos and as I munched on them afterwards. Easy to make and fun to eat, these delicious french toast roll ups are a creative breakfast treat for any day of the week! Easy to make and fun to eat, these French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups are always popular with my family. A yummy twist on traditional french toast.