Classic French Toast.
You can have Classic French Toast using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic French Toast
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk or water.
- You need .5 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 slices of bread.
- Prepare As needed of maple syrup.
Classic French Toast step by step
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small dish. Use a spoon to press into the sides of the dish so that the cinnamon is evenly distributed. Set aside..
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and whisk until even in colour. A pie plate or a Tupperware sandwich container work great..
- Add the milk and a pinch of the cinnamon-sugar mixture to the egg and blend. This is your 'bath' for the bread..
- Set a frying pan on the stove that can hold two slices of bread. Put a dollop of butter in the pan to melt, and then grab your bread slices. Time to dunk!.
- Place one slice of bread flat in the egg bath for 5 seconds, and flip it and do the same for the other side. Put the soaked bread in the pan and continue with the second slice. If you need more, add some milk..
- It takes about 4-6 minutes to cook most of the bread on one side, depending on the level of heat and how soaked the bread is. You want to see some golden patches – this means the egg is cooked. Flip the slices over and sprinkle the now-cooked tops with the sugar mixture..
- Once done, place your sugar bread on a plate and cut each into 4 strips. Drizzle with maple syrup and devour with forks or fingers. Enjoy!.